After my relaxing weekend up north, I felt refreshed to tackle another busy work week and inch towards finishing the bathroom renovation.
On my to do list this evening was the quick and easy installation of this soap dispenser in the shower from Home Depot.
We have one in our basement bathroom shower and we love it — no more bottle clutter! In fact, when I purchased the dispenser for the basement bathroom, I bought a second one as well for our future upstairs bathroom renovation.
Fast forward, oh…..a year or two (okay, fine, maybe three…), and tonight was the night that the upstairs soap dispenser would finally be unboxed and installed! I was excited to cross this item off my long and ever-growing to do list!
Before I started gluing up a storm, I wiped down the shower tile with rubbing alcohol to ensure that the dispenser would adhere well. Then, as I was finalizing the placement of the dispenser on the wall, I noticed that one of the nozzles was
lose broken right off.
My one step forward to finishing the bathroom has now resulted in:
- Cramming the parts back into the opened box (why is this always a challenge?!)
- Finding the receipt from three years ago (ha….good luck with that one, Michelle!)
- Changing out of my PJs and getting into the cold car to go to Home Depot (today was a work from home day, hence the jammies and the cold car)
- Walking allllll the way to the back of Home Depot (where they keep these damn dispensers) and retrieving a new one (they better not be discontinued!)
- Opening the box to ensure that the dispenser isn’t broken
- Cramming the new dispenser back into the box and swearing under my breath in the store
- Walking alllll the way to the front of the store to dig the receipt out of the depths of my purse to exchange the dispenser
- Getting back in my now semi-cold car
- Stopping at Tim Horton’s for a coffee (because at this point I’ll likely need one)
- Unboxing the friggin’ dispenser AGAIN
- Determining the exact placement of the stupid dispenser, because at this point I have already forgotten where I wanted to install it
- Wiping down the G-D shower tile wall AGAIN because I’m OCD like that
- And, lastly, installing the *insert foul word here* soap dispenser for once and for all
So, no. Sorry. No photos of my installed soap dispenser tonight. You’ll just have to wait.
In the meantime, here is a snap of some gorgeous hydrangeas sitting pretty on the bathroom vanity…
Don’t you hate it when a quick and simple project turns into a major pain in the A? Please tell me this doesn’t just happen to me.